DIRECTOR AND OFFICERS
Rocky Mountain Academy of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
Officers, General Board Directors, and Delegates as defined by ACOEM and the RMAOEM Bylaws of June
Election held Everywhere across the region via Zoom Audio visual conferencing, January 28, 2022 RMAOEM
general membership meeting, 13 members attending.
All officer terms 1 year
President: James Devin Owens
President Elect: Oscar Sanders
Vice President: Kim Siegel
Past President: Margaret Cook-Shimanek
Secretary/Treasurer: John Hughes
General Board Directors Representation Term Notes:
Delegates to ACOEM - based on between 100 and 200 RMA members = two delegates to ACOEM:
Delegate and director terms 3 years
Delegates are voting members of the board
Mike Fitch 2021
Hans Schwertz 2022
X.J. Ethan Moses 2021
Brian Williams 2021
• Composition of the Executive Committee per the bylaws: …numbering not less than five (5) or
more than nine (9) exclusive of delegates to the ACOEM House of Delegates. We currently have
seven, exclusive of the two delegates.
• According to the RMAOEM bylaws, delegates also serve as general board directors. As such, they
vote and count toward quorum.
• Quorum at a meeting of the Executive Committee: …is the physical or live telephonic presence of a
number over one half (1/2) of the current directors and officers. Our current quorum is 5.
• Terms expire at the end of the listed calendar year. Elections center around the general membership
meeting, held shortly after the new year.
• Delegates – $500 per telephonic or on-site HOD meeting. Authorized for one year by motion passed.
To receive the stipend, the delegate must attend the HOD meeting and present a report back to the